Thursday, August 1, 2013

My how time flies!

I tell you wuuut, there just isn't enough time in a day.
I'm sorry that I've been away since November ... the sad truth is
I took on WAY too many projects/jobs and just didn't give myself time to do much else.
I'm starting to catch up a little though ... catch my breath.
With over extending myself I didn't get very many photos
but here are a few of the projects that I've done over the past couple of months:

Boat Cover

Channel back before:  the mouse nest I could handle, but the piles of finger nail clippings made me gag.
After

Before: Beautiful chair but split rails from re-webbing with regular nails
After

No 'Before' shot ... I donated this to a charity auction.

Again no 'Before' shot, and not a very flattering After either.

Almost done hand painting a set of 8 dining chairs
After:  The two captains chairs had upholstered backs, the six side chairs were left plain.

Six boat seats
no Before shots


Building the driving console for our boat
It was meant to be covered in vinyl but I kind of liked the way it looked uncovered
So I carved in a compass, stained it and left it as is
anyone can buy a vinyl covered steering column.
I'm currently working on a wingback, two victorian chairs and a fauteuil ...  of course I didn't take a Before shot of the wingback
and I'll probably forget to take After shots of all of them but
I might remember to get one of them!




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the plaid channel back chair, and do you know how much boat upholstery runs? I just priced it to see if I could redo my husbands boat cabin covers [nope, too much $$]. Those are awesome!
    I gave up blogging, stopped doing my furniture and got a real job that pays real money. :( Sometimes what we love and want to do, just doesn't pay the bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comment Late Bloomers
    Yes marine upholstering is fairly pricey ... the materials are expensive and there isn't much wiggle room for mistakes when working with vinyl.
    I hope you get a chance to pick up your furniture work again, and if not work, then furniture-play ; )

    ReplyDelete