Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pub Table

I finished the pub table and brought it upstairs for use.

This is what it looked like when I brought it home from the auction:
The Before photo
Grimy feet but I love the shape
I had to take a photo of the difference .... dirty to clean
It was originally average table height but I liked 
the idea of it being pub height 
so I built new taller pedestals for it.


I just love those feet! 

The feet on the base of the table match the feet
on the tiger oak buffet ... bunus!
That wasn't planned but it worked out perfectly

I was really drawn to the original finish
but it was flaking off so easily I worried that we were going to lose it all.
Luckily though my favorite part of the
table stayed put
 ... the orange-peel finish.




Partying with:
Primitive & Proper
Savvy Southern Style
Restore Interiors
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Miss Mustard Seed



2 comments:

  1. love the pub table, the legs are wonderful. I have 6 bar stools with curved backs that would match beautifully. hmmmmm. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool!

    looks fabulous. found you via MMS's party where i'm partying too. would love to have you as a follower.

    smiles and happy weekend.

    michele

    ReplyDelete