Monday, May 7, 2012

Sofa Update

Yesterday I finished sanding the frame and put teak oil on it:
Here you can see where I started to use the oil on the bottom rail
Above is what the frame looked like before I stripped/sanded it
Here it is sanded down & while I am adding the oil
So today I worked on the fixing the frame where the feet attach.
One corner was fine, one corner was 
gunked up with old messy glue:

And two were broken.


I chiseled out the old wood then cut & glued the replacements.  

Tomorrow I will move on to reattaching the feet, cutting new stretchers for the arms, cleaning up the spring ties and then
rebuilding the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment