Thursday, March 29, 2012

In progress #4

I'm enjoying working on these two pieces:

I've changed my mind 3 times about what fabric to use to cover this boudoir chair but I finally found the perfect fabric today...
I'll finish the chair tomorrow.




The wingback was quite an ugly thing to begin with
but it's been stripped down to it's bones and ready to be
built back up.
I'm thinking of covering it in heavy canvas and burlap
... restoration h'ware like.


I was going to paint the legs because they are pretty beat up
but yesterday while I was sanding them I realized that it would be a shame to cover them up.  
Being able to see
all of the dings and dents in the wood just add to the character.


I'll post more photos once I have them covered.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have really taken on some really great pieces, I'll be checking back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving those chairs and can't wait to see the final pictures:)

    ReplyDelete