Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In Progress 2: Crackle Batten

I like how the batten turned out.
I wanted it to stand out a little against the freshly painted walls, so it was
given a weathered crackle treatment.


It doesn't jump at you as soon as you walk into the room, but it adds
a comfortable worn look.


It's the little things that gives a room it's personality right?


The outlets and switches all still need to be changed out for white and I need
to figure out what to do with the ever-so-ugly vents
... but I'm liking the progress.







9 comments:

  1. The crackle turned out really nice. I love crackle but somehow it never turns out when I try it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, I used Valspar's Weathered Crackle Glaze and haven't had any problems with it yet. You do have to be quick with the topcoat application ... any delay and it ends up messing up or showing.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my gallery wall. I, too, love how your batten turned out. Did you sign up for the $50 Lowe's gift card giveaway yet?
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finish looks terrific! Great job! Thank you for sharing your project at Potpourri Friday!

    I have just become a friend and follower and hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey! { btw, I have been following you (: and I enjoy your blog }

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen crackle board & batten, I do think it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice!

    http://lacasitadmaria.blogspot.com/

    maria from spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruthie, you did a great job with your crackle. I have often wanted to try it myself but didn't know how, so now I have an idea and I'm going to look into it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete