Monday, January 16, 2012

In Progress:

You KNOW that you are a hard person to please when your own work isn't good enough for yourself!!
I took advantage of the warm weather last week and sanded down the wavy top coat
on the table and applied a 'final' coat of finish this past Saturday.  
It turned out stunning!  The shine is incredible and the finish is so silky smooth ... I smile each time that I look at it because I'm so proud that
I DID THAT!

There are a few spots where lint/dust settled into the wet finish and I find my eyes wandering to those
spots and wondering if I should try again.
That's when the argument starts in my head ... and it isn't pretty ...
there's a lot of name calling
going on in there!
I really need to learn to be satisfied with my best effort instead of hold out for perfection.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Anyway ... since all of my projects seem to take forever to get done I thought I would
start to post some progress reports.
So besides the table, here is what else I've been working on:

Battening up the dining room walls.
We were using it as a computer room ( & the dogs were using is as their bedroom.)
It was boring, ugly and didn't have any style.

Check out how unlevel the doorway was ... there was a 1+ inch difference from one corner to the other!




Primed and ready
‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Just starting on this project ... removing
the veneer from the drawer fronts, will glue the veneer on the doors, add/replace
the missing relief detail on the top drawer and then paint.  
It will be perfect in the newly finished dining room!

$15 thrift store buffet

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Reusable, washable canvas grocery bags with a scene from
my favorite Sesame Street Short: 


I really thought this was going to be a quick project ... but everything about
it is very time consuming.
The one pictured below is one of the first ones that I completed.  I've given
7 bags so far as 'thank you' and 'I love you' gifts ... I have 
about 7 more to go to complete my thank-you list and then I can
move on to making some for our household  ; )




I'm linking up with:
Metamorphosis Monday

4 comments:

  1. Love that you're being so green!
    The table is STILL beautiful.
    Someday.. you will have to share your secrets with me on what glues/tools you use to replace the veneer, I have a small dresser that is missing a chunk from it's top surface and would love to fix it.

    Kathy Mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    So sorry just getting back to you with the color on my walls.
    I use BEHR paint and the color is Taupe. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescapes and Kitchen, the floors are Ceramic Tiles
    14/by/14 Some time's Home Depot as them 50% off this was a great buy.
    I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of it. The table, the walls, and those bags are awesome!
    Wohoo! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project. I came to visit your blog after you left me a very nice note on my living room remodel and I am so glad I did. I love your projects. I have to do my dining room next and I want to add batten to the walls. I also want to do that to my stairway.

    My sister, Reba and I are your newest followers. Looking forward to following your projects.

    Eldarose from http://RE-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete