Sunday, October 2, 2011

Number Chair


I love this color!
It's Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company's Marigold Yellow and it
is scrumptious.


I didn't get a Before picture but you can get an idea
of what it used to look like in this pic:




It was part of a huge lot that I won at an auction.  


I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it but
once I saw the hand painted chair that 
Lucy Designs did, I used that
as my guide on what to do with this one.


The very bottom of the legs were rotting so I cut them down
and now the chair is the perfect height for a child.

The seat has new webbing, new foam, new dacron wrap and the
 numbers on the canvas are hand painted with acrylic paint.

I put this chair together with the intention of donating it to the church
thrift store down the road.  
I've gotten quite a few things there at such a 
good price ... this is my way of paying them back.

Thanks again Lucy for the inspiration ... you rock!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment.
    The chair is such a great colour. I'm dying to try milk paint. I read your 'about me' and had to laugh because my friends don't get that I would rather spend time in a hardware store than any other store. I'm following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ruthie! I love your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with those other pieces you won in the auction!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete